Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Change

I've spent the last 3 weeks thinking hard about change. There are many who have been telling me that the change I am talking about is a bad kind of change. Then there are others who understand what I am going through, and are telling me change is good. I've had the same job since I left university more than 12 years ago, and yes, I think its time for change. Some say the only thing constant in life is change. Hmmm.... I decided to google "define: change" and this is an edited version of what I found:

* cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"

* an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another; "the change was intended to increase sales"; "this storm is ...

* undergo a change; become different in essence; losing one's or its original nature; "She changed completely as she grew older"; "The weather changed last night"

* a relational difference between states; especially between states before and after some event; "he attributed the change to their marriage"

* become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; "her mood changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"

* the action of changing something; "the change of government had no impact on the economy"; "his change on abortion cost him the election"

* switch: lay aside, abandon, or leave for another; "switch to a different brand of beer"; "She switched psychiatrists"; "The car changed lanes"

P/s: Yes, its time for change.

2 comments:

  1. fear not for now you spread your wings and fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a supporter of change..i like taking the change tests..just starting to change as well..

    ReplyDelete