Saturday, August 22, 2009

H1N1

Friends, I was tested positive for H1N1 today. Its a preliminary result based on a throat swab done at the Sabah Medical Centre. Home quarantine for 7 days :(

Update: I am ok now. If you get high fever, which just feels terribly abnormal, horrible body and joint ache, a bad cough, headache and if you start to throw up, go get tested. Try the government hospital first, but in my case, it didnt work when I was "dismissed" at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Was given anti-biotics, panadol, piriton and cough mixture, and told to return if I get worse. Great.

The next morning my sister dragged me to the Sabah Medical Centre. They did a swab and confirmed in less than an hour that I was positive for H1N1, which as of today, has killed 75 people in Malaysia. I was prescribed Tamiflu (10 tablets for five days). The pain went off after a while.

4 comments:

  1. Jas, how are you doing now? Get well soon & we'll have our 2nd reunion meetup session ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan,

    Am ok now, and yes, we will meet up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jas..how much is the tamiflu? aii lain menanya harga pula...ya lah curious aku

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,

    At SMC it was RM156 for 10 tablets. Thats the dosage. 2 times a day for 5 days. Roche brand if yang original. Ada juga yang generic tu. murah sikit i was told.

    ReplyDelete