Monday, January 25, 2010

Doing What's Right

After much thought, I finally sent in my resignation letter. It was short - I thanked the New Straits Times for the opportunities it has given to me in the more than 12 years I have been with the company. And that was about it. I dont even have a copy. I printed it and sent it off to Kuala Lumpur, with a copy to my boss in KK.

People are asking me why... why this and why that? I dont have answers. I just know that I want to do something new. I am 36, and ready to explore a new chapter. I am not too young, not too old. I only have one life, and I want to live it. I've given the best years of my life to my work. I have done my best at work, and I can hold my head up high as I leave through that door, one last time, next month.

4 comments:

  1. congratulations, and good luck. what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. for now, will freelance on some projects. should be able to get by. money is important, but not everything. will stay in KK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betul yang ko cakap tu, hidup kita hanya ada 1x, gunakanlah sebaiknya, manfaatkan segala yang kita inginkan hingga ke tahap yang maksimum... Lagi pun kan, brenti jadi journalist bukan bermakna kita akan berhenti daripada menabur jasa. Ada banyak pilihan lagi. Aku harap ko happy dan sukses selepas ini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. havent seen you for a while. what are you up to now?

    ReplyDelete