Saturday, January 16, 2010

Keeping The Faith

The New Year and second decade sure started with a bang for Malaysia. Some are saying there is legislation in some states that non-Muslims cannot use "the word" so I will not use "the you-know-which-word-i-am-talking about" word here.

After almost three weeks of debate in the mainstream media and social networks, I have come to some conclusions:

1. The matter has been politicised.

2. I am not surprised I am thinking of migrating.

3. The Government needs to make its stand clear, and stop flip-flopping on things it is saying. There is no use for 1Malaysia if we can't sort this out.

4. I now have to erase a whole list of words from my vocabulary, because according to Malacca, Selangor and Pahang, these words too can't be used. But then again, I am in Sabah, so maybe I cant continue to use them.

5. I would rather see my leaders working hard to figure out how to really get rid of poverty, improve power supply without a coal plant (since we have the intelligence, i hope), reduce corruption levels, churn out more doctors cause we just dont have enough at government hospitals, and focus on coming up with an education system that recognises some children are good in some fields, and others excel in other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment