Thursday, June 10, 2010

I say NO to a coal plant in Sabah




Dear Friends,

I have been busy with a cause -- with some NGOs and concerned individuals, I am asking Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd, the State Government of Sabah and the Malaysian Government to opt for CLEAN and renewable sources of energy for Sabah. We in Sabah are BLESSED with some of the most iconic wildlife and marine resources. Please, we dont need a coal plant.

I took this photo at Kg Sinakut, which is where this 300 megawatt plant will be built. Villagers told me they dont know how much they will get in compensation, and where they will live next or what will happen to their livelihoods. Would you do this to them? Would you?

If you havent signed the petition, do it here at http://nocoalsabah.blogspot.com. And if you want to download postcards to the Prime Minister, do it here at http://postcards2pm.blogspot.com. The postcards were created by Sabah born visual artist Yee I-Lann. Kudos to her.

1 comment:

  1. hopely this perjuangan akan berjaya.i support u dear..:-)

    ReplyDelete